Hello there lovely readers, I hope you are all well and looking after you!
On my first blog, I spoke about happy being my goal for the year and how I would rate my happiness on a scale of Happy! 🤓 It has taken me a few weeks to put a it together, but I’ve done it! Yay! I would actually encourage you to do the same and come up with a scale relevant to you! It’s fun! It really makes you think and focuses your attention on your happiness levels.
So here is my 7 levels of happiness scale with an explanation:
- 😁 This is when I am feeling soooo happy and i’m bouncing off the walls and my face is beaming! Or it could be that Idris Elba is standing right in front of me! #swoon If you see this emoji on my post then you know I am having a truly wonderful and fantastic day and I am over the top with happiness!
- 🤩 This is when I am extremely happy and smiling like crazy! The kind of happy I am when my husband Scott comes home from a business trip and I get to hug him! Or when we are relaxing by the pool on holiday. Yes I know technically he should be at the top of my list, but come on….it’s Idris Elba!!! Even my husband would understand…I’m sure. 😉
- 😄 This is when I’m happy, content and relaxed and feel that life is sweet and all is great. It’s the feeling I have when I come home from work and snuggle with my cat and just be in the moment! Totally recommend it!
- 😊 This is my norm or my default setting…..do a factory reset and this is where my mood will be. I’m generally always happy!
- 😕 This is when I’m feeling a bit hmmm. Just not quite right. This might be when something is niggling me or I’ve just had a blah day. You know what I mean! I’m just in a bit of a funk.
- ☹️ This is when I’m feeling a bit blue, not having a great day and just really want to hide under my duvet. The only thing that might get me out of this, is when Scott says to me ‘turn that frown upside down’ and I usually manage a little smile and it helps to lift my mood. I’m not saying it’s a full fix but in that moment it makes me feel better.
- 😩 This is when I’m just unhappy. Some days there are just no instant cures, nothing can take the unhappiness away. You just have to ride through the emotions and feel. I’m really lucky not to have many days like this. But if you do, reach out for support and speak to your friends. Look after you. 😘
On each blog going forward I will rate my happy! So keep an eye out for my emoji!
I hope you like my scale and it makes you smile. Feel free to use it as a template for your own happiness. Why not give it a go for yourself and then each day or week rate how happy you are. Forget weighing scales focus on the Happy Scale! 😊
I find this has made me think and look at my mood or happiness and where it normally sits.
I am generally a happy person, I like to smile and have a laugh each day. But I do have my off days like everyone.
Think about your friends or family and where they may sit on the happiness scale. Then, if you notice they are a bit down or just not themselves, speak with them, check in to see how they are doing. It may be all they need at that time to help lift their mood.
Sending love and happiness to you all. Oh and at the moment my happiness is 🤩.
Look after you!